Protection of privacy to users who download Simulacrum data
The Simulacrum is available for anyone to download from this website. There is no charge for accessing or downloading it.
Anyone downloading the Simulacrum will be asked for the following personal information:
- your email address
- your reason for downloading the Simulacrum (selected from a dropdown menu)
- your type of organisation (selected from a dropdown menu)
- In addition, we will also be collecting information on how you use the site, using cookies and page tagging techniques
By submitting this information to download the Simulacrum you agree with the storage and handling of your data by Health Data Insight.
Why are we asking for this information?
Having your email address will enable us to update you about any version updates or changes we make to the Simulacrum. We will only email you to inform you of any changes that affect the usage of the Simulacrum. No other contact will be made.
Knowing why you are downloading the Simulacrum, and the type of organisation you work for, will help us understand who is using the Simulacrum and for what purpose. This will inform future developments so we can design products that are more suited to your needs.
We use Google Analytics Software to collect information about how you use our website. We do this to make sure the site is meeting the needs of its users and to help us make improvements, for example improving site search.
Google Analytics stores information about:
- The pages you visit on simulacrum.healthdatainsight.org.uk
- How long you spend on each page
- How you got to the site
- What you click while you’re visiting the site
What we do with your data?
The data we collect is used solely for the purposes mentioned above.
We will not:
- Sell or rent your data to third parties
- Share your data with third parties for marketing purposes
We will only share your data if required to do so by law, for example, by court order, or to prevent fraud or other crime.
How long we keep your data for
We will only retain your personal data for as long as:
- It is needed for the purposes set out in this document
- The law requires us to
This means that we will only hold your personal data for a minimum of 1 year and a maximum of 7 years.
Where your data is processed and stored
We design, build and run our systems to make sure that your data is as safe as possible at any stage, both while it’s processed and when it’s stored.
How we protect your data and keep it secure
We are committed to doing all that we can to keep your data secure. We have set up systems and processes to prevent unauthorised access or disclosure of your data – for example, we protect your data using varying levels of encryption.
You have the right to request:
- information about how your personal data is processed
- a copy of that personal data
- that anything inaccurate in your personal data is corrected immediately
You can also:
- raise an objection about how your personal data is processed
- request that your personal data is erased if there is no longer a justification for it
- ask that the processing of your personal data is restricted in certain circumstances
If you have any of these requests, get in contact with our Data Protection Officer at firstname.lastname@example.org
Changes to this policy
Contact us or make a complaint
Contact the Data Protection Officer (DPO) if you:
- have any questions about anything in this document
- think that your personal data has been misused or mishandled